I’m implementing a calendar plugin for GTG, and this week was all about refactoring code.
Since the code started growing and I didn’t plan it very well at the beginning, I started having conceptual problems that made coding harder. So this week I took some time to plan things better and started refactoring the code.
The main changes were splitting the code into different classes for specific tasks. Another major thing was removing the bulk work of handling events from the outer window to the actual plugin class. This results in a much better and easier to use interface.
There is still a lot to do, since I want to separate the data processing part of the widget from the actual drawing. My goal is to create a wrapper around the data and just pass it to the drawing widget.